Author: Athanasios Terzis
Tactical Analysis: 73
Practices & Variations: 64
Learn how to Attack and Counter-Attack "from one of the best coaches in the world" with 64 Practices & Variations based on 73 Tactical Situations from Atlético Madrid’s 4-4-2
This FULL COLOUR book provides a full tactical analysis of Diego Simeone's 4-4-2 Attacking Tactics (73 Tactical Sistuation) for you the coach to learn how to attack and counter attack from one of the best coaches in the world.
Atlético Madrid’s success during Diego Simeone’s reign has been built with a winning culture of commitment, passion and aggressiveness, and a winning game plan based on excellent tactical organisation. With a fraction of the budget of their rivals Real Madrid and Barcelona, they have consistently been one of the toughest teams to play against in the whole of Europe.
Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid era has produced extremely efficient attacking play and they have had great success in scoring goals with intelligent attacking patterns of play and a counter attacking style.
Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid have used these attacking tactics to achieve great success when competing against teams with far greater resources.
Examples of their incredible Success Against All Odds
- La Liga Winners (2014)
- UEFA Champions League Runners-up (2014 + 2016)
- UEFA Europa League Winners (2012 + 2018)
- UEFA Super Cup Winners (2012 + 2018)
- Copa Del Rey (2013)
Athanasios Terzis is a UEFA 'A' Licence Coach and has used the tactical analysis of Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid to produce 64 Practices and Variations.
You can use these ready-made sessions to practice Diego Simeone’s attacking tactics and implement them into your training sessions.
Each Tactical Situation has analysis of Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid attacking or counter-attacking tactics and is followed by practices to help you adapt the tactics into your training sessions for your team.
Tactical Analysis and Session Topic Examples:
- Dragging the Centre Back Out of Position to Create and Exploit Space
- Synchronised Movements of the Full Back and Wide Midfielder
- Creating an Overload and Attacking Through the Centre
- Making a Run on Blind Side of Defender to Receive a Long Pass in Behind
- Counter Attack After Winning the Ball in the Centre (Direct Threat)
- Forward Exploits Space Behind Full Back in a Technical Practice with Finish
- Options for Full Back Receiving High Up the Pitch in a Functional Practice
- Forward Drops Back to Receive or Create Space in Behind in a Small Sided Game
- Counter Attack with a Closed Ball Situation in a Dynamic Conditioned Game
- Exploiting Width During a Counter Attack in a Dynamic Conditioned Game
Diego Simeone Achievements
- Spanish La Liga Primera División (2014)
- UEFA Champions League Runner-up (2014 & 2016)
- UEFA Europa League (2012 & 2018)
- UEFA Super Cup (2012 & 2018)
- Copa Del Rey (2013)
- Supercopa de España (2014)
- European Coach of the Season (2012)
- La Liga Coach of the Year (2013, 2014 & 2016)
- IFFHS World's Best Club Coach (2016)
- Miguel Muñoz Trophy (2014 & 2016)
- Globe Soccer Master Coach Special Award (2017)
|Altersklasse:||U15 - U19, U20 - Pro|