Pep Guardiola Case Study (eBook)
How to penetrate the opponent´s lines following positional play principles
inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
- Artikel-Nr.: 220106
Author: Athanasios Terzis
Edited by: Peter Schreiner
Publisher: Institute for Youth-Soccer, (IFJ96)
Game situations: 8
The aim of this book is to focus on positional style of play. It will provide information about why this specific style is more effective than the others, while the focus will be on how the ball is moved to the free player between the lines of the opposition, by following certain principles, synchronized movements and combination play.
The build-up (attacking) can be carried out with three styles of play, positional, direct and counterattacking.
- When positional style of play is used the ball is moved gradually from line to line by using specific principles and having certain aims. With this style of play short and safe passing is mainly used.
- Another style used during build up is the direct play. This includes long balls which are usually played towards tall target players in advanced positions or towards the space behind the opposing defence.
- Finally, there are teams that use a counterattacking style of play, during which they drop back to defend in a compact formation and when they win possession they try to counterattack as soon as possible and with the fewer passes they can.
All styles have their pros and cons.
- For example, building up with positional play is safe as the team can retain possession easier, but takes more time to move the ball to advanced areas.
- On the other hand, when using direct play, the ball can reach the advanced positioned players very quickly but possession is easier to be lost, as the long balls are not safe enough.
- As regards the counterattacking style teams, they lack creativity in occasions that they are behind the score and have to take the initiative. Furthermore, when a team uses the counterattacking style against a well-organized and balanced team, they can be forced into a very passive role during the whole game. However, against not well-organized teams they can find great success.
|Altersklasse:||U11 - U14, U15 - U19, U20 - Pro|