Italian Training Concepts - Part 10
Individual and Small Group Training for Strikers - 2
Author: Luca Bertolini
This book has the goal to coach the strikers from an individual point of view, involving them in 2 v 2, 3 v 2, and 3 v 3 (+ goalkeeper) situations to improve their individual cooperation and technical skills and to let them learn how to play focusing on tactical principles of play:
- 2 striker v 2 defenders + goalkeeper: striker with the ball at his feet and striker without the ball at the beginning.
- 3 strikers v 2 defenders + goalkeeper: 1 striker with the ball at his feet and 2 strikers without the ball at the beginning.
- 3 strikers v 2 defenders + goalkeeper: 3 strikers without the ball at the beginning.
- 3 strikers v 3 defenders + goalkeeper: 1 striker with the ball at his feet and 2 strikers without the ball at the beginning.
- 3 strikers v 3 defenders + goalkeeper: 3 strikers without the ball at the beginning.
To cooperate and be linked with teammates and to act against more than one defender (numerical advantage or equality situations) are only tools to coach the players as unique actors; there aren't any connections with systems of play but with principles of play.
The area of the field where the practices are set up is the final third, considering the division of the field into attacking sub-areas that the positional play philosophy inspires. The final third is divided into three 6 areas (2 along the flanks and 2 in the center). Small-sided games are widely used during soccer practices, and they enable players to experience situations they encounter during matches. On the other hand, small-sided games aren't enough to coach the strikers (and the defenders) despite leading them to develop their technical and tactical skills.
Apart from technical skills coaching and individual tactical objectives of the small-sided games, the coach must plan specific tactical exercises to complete the learning and training processes. At this point, we come back to talk about individual training; all the specific tactical skills require individual training first of all. These skills have to be connected to the teammates and related to the opponents to create cooperation (after individual training, both whiles attacking and defending) and connections to beat the opponents.
This is what this book aims to coach.
|Age group:||U11 - U14, U15 - U19, U20 - Pro|