eBook Series: German Top Level Tactics - Part 3
- Tactical Principles
- Analysis of Situations in the Game
- A Variety of Practices and How to Coach Them
Author: Steven Turek
Edited by: Peter Schreiner
Translated by: Tjorben Becker
Editor: Institute of Youth soccer, Essen - Germany (www.soccer-coaches.com)
Pages: 56 - Graphics: 42
The third part of the series “German Top Level Tactics” thematizes attacking with the long ball. In the known pattern “Fundamental Principles - Match-Situation - Exercises”, Steven Turek answers among many others topics, the following questions:
- What technical and tactical skills requires a team willing to attack with long balls?
- How can I effectively use the shifting movement of the opposing team for my purposes?
- Which solutions can precisely be implemented during the match?
- Which mechanisms are necessary in case of losing the ball?
- Which coherence exists between attacking with long balls and counterpressing?
After these basics, concrete match-situations will be described. The situations will be illustrated with detailed explanations, possible error sources and “what-if-situations”.
The book is rounded off by a well balanced practical part in which different exercises for all ages are explicitly described.
|Age group:||U11 - U14, U15 - U19, U20 - Pro|